It has been two weeks since I have had the G35 Coupe but I have not even begun fixing its issues and performing basic maintenance. However, I have driven it about a 100 miles locally and it is a blast to drive. Last weekend, I went to a local autocross with my Miata, so could not spend time on the G35. However, I have taken Friday off this week to try fixing some issues.
But first, I needed to do research on the maintenance needed and am documenting it for myself here.
FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL
The first thing I needed was a factory service manual so I could understand the car. The car did not come with an owner’s manual, which I purchased used for $22 on eBay. I considered the Haynes book for the G35 Coupe as I had purchased one for the Miata, but the reviews on Amazon for the version of the book for the G35 were not good. So I decided to not buy it, and instead looked online. Fortunately Nicoclub.com provides all the service manuals for several Nissan and Infiniti models for free.
I downloaded all the ones specific to my 2005 G35 Coupe and am hosting it on this site for reference. Below are the links to each section:
- Foreword & Table of Contents
- General Information
- Transmission / TransAxle
- Driveline / Axle
- Air Conditioner
- Alphabetical Index
There are some forums that I am actively researching on:
- Nicoclub.com’s G35 section
- my350z.com for 350Z specific info which may come in handy for the G35 coupe, specifically for the engine.
- Reddit’s G35 subreddit
Some of these forums have many build threads for making your car ready for the track or drifting.
BLOGS & OTHER SITES
The G35 and 350Z are mechanically similar, and physically close to each other. So a lot of 350Z tips work for the G35 too.
- Best Infiniti G35 Mods for Coupe & Sedan
- OEM Wheel Sizes
- Differential Upgrade
- Infiniti G35 Tuning - Ditching VLSD for a proper diff
- Collection of Tuning Guides for the G35 on Drifted.com
- Coilovers comparison for 350Z and G35
- 2009 blog post by 350ZMotorsports
- LS-swapped 350Z by GrassRoots Motorsports
- Seat time cars: drift G35 under $5000
- Infiniti G35 Formula D Drift Car
- Infiniti G35 Sedan as a track car by MotoIQ.com
- Z car blog
- Someone fixing a near salvage G35 for driving